Exercise with Mesquite Pediatrics and AtlasGO
We want to encourage our patients and famillies to get outside and exercise. Especially with social distancing this can be really hard. So we hope we can provide a little incentive by teaming up with AtlasGO. If you sign up with AtlasGO, you contribute to charity just by exercising - a tree will be planted every time you run, walk, or hike 4 miles or bike 16 miles.
As of the end of October, the Mesquite Pediatrics AtlasGO team has 41 members (one of whom is the CEO of AtlasGO himself). The current tally of trees planted is over 2100. Here's the breakdown of the causes we have supported with our exercise:
- Between April and the end of July, we planted 1325 in California to help reforest area affected by wildfires, sponsored by One Tree Planted
- From August through October, we planted 775 trees in Africa as a part of Trees for the Future, a sustainable farming project
- The current project is sponsored by One Tree Planted once again and is working on reforestation of an area in the Pacific Northwest where environmental destruction is threatening the population of salmon and a special community of Orcas that feed on them.
. Here's how it works:
- Download the AtlasGO app onto your smart phone
- Start the app and sign up for a free account
- Join the Mesquite Pediatrics team - please don't forget this step
- Go to Causes in the app and select the current active cause (as of 10/29/20 it is Fit For Trees)
- Track your activities:
- Directly in the app by using the "GO" function
- Sync it with your Garmin, Fitbit, or Strava app
- Just input your activity directly (so you don't actually have to track yourself or your kid, but we hope everyone will be honest!)
It's that simple and it doesn't cost a thing! So now there's another reason to get out there and exercise - even if it's just a walk in the neighborhood! We encourage our patients AND their parents to sign up. Don't forget to add yourself to the Mesquite Pediatrics team and then get out there and plant some trees!
For more information about AtlasGO, check out their website.