Exercise with Mesquite Pediatrics and AtlasGO
We want to encourage our patients and famillies to get outside and exercise. Especially with social distancing this can be really hard. So we hope we can provide a little incentive by teaming up with AtlasGO. If you sign up with AtlasGO, you contribute to charity just by exercising - a tree will be planted every time you run, walk, or hike 4 miles or bike 16 miles. Between April and the end of July, 1325 trees were planted in California based on miles logged by the Mesquite Pediatrics AtlasGO team? The next project is one that will plant 50,000 trees in a community building project called Trees for the Future (here's a link to the webpage for the campaign for more information). Here's how it works:
- Download the AtlasGO app onto your smart phone
- Start the app and sign up for a free account
- Join the Mesquite Pediatrics team - please don't forget this step
- Go to Causes in the app and select #GO4Trees Planting Positivity
- Track your activities:
- Directly in the app by using the "GO" function
- Sync it with your Garmin, Fitbit, or Strava app
- Just input your activity directly (so you don't actually have to track yourself or your kid, but we hope everyone will be honest!)
It's that simple and it doesn't cost a thing! So now there's another reason to get out there and exercise - even if it's just a walk in the neighborhood! We encourage our patients AND their parents to sign up. Don't forget to add yourself to the Mesquite Pediatrics team and then get out there and plant some trees!
For more information about AtlasGO, check out their website.