What is Mesquite Pediatrics doing to continue to care for patients while also keeping them safe?
- See our COVID-19 infection control protocols
Where can I find good information on Coronavirus and COVID-19?
- General Information
- Pediatric COVID-19 Statistics
- Here's a Blog Post by Dr. Abdy about rashes associated with COVID-19, including COVID toes
- We have new recommendations for vitamin D supplementation for possible prevention of COVID-19. Read about it in this blog post: Vitamin D and COVID-19
- Thinking about an exemption for your child to attend school without wearing a mask? Read our Mask Exemption Policy first.
Thinking about getting your child tested for Coronavirus? Before you call us see the links below:
See this post about nasal swab testing for COVID-19 , which lets you know who should be tested and who shouldn't
- And see this post on antibody testing for COVID-19
How do I help my kids understand and get through this?
Help for stir crazy kids
Dr. Abdy's blog post on emotional health and exercise for kids under stay at home orders
- Kids' Workout Ideas for Home
- Exercise and a tree is planted! See our AtlasGo page
Helping kids and teens understand what's going on
- An article by a pediatrician discussing social distancing as schools are closed. It gives a good explanation as to why it is so important.
- A video by a pediatrician who runs a site called Girlology. It is focused on raising girls, but this video applies to all teens and includes advice from an adolescent medicine specialist on hot help your teenagers understand and get through this difficult time of social distancing.
- Help for stir crazy kids
- Please get your flu vaccine! - Here's why